JibJab Bros. Studios is looking for an outgoing and self-motivated Summer Intern for StoryBots, one of the fastest-growing (and most fun!) educational kids’ brands in the world. Since launching in 2012, StoryBots has become a digital sensation, with more than a HALF BILLION views of our learning books and views and two Emmy Award-winning Netflix TV series.
The Summer Intern will work across a variety of functions, including marketing, business development, product and content creation, gaining a comprehensive understanding of building a digital children’s brand.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Support marketing leadership on a variety of tasks, including those associated with the promotion of StoryBots apps, classroom product and TV show
- Oversee owned social channels (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest), including daily posts and monitoring of social chatter
- Assist product leadership on a variety of tasks including optimization and new feature set creation for the StoryBots website and apps
- Build and update directory of teacher and mommy-and-daddy bloggers for influencer marketing
- Write and develop content for bimonthly newsletter emails to subscribers
- Identify key trends and news events in education technology and share weekly with team leadership
- Assist in planning and production of StoryBots promotional video for teachers, parents and schools
- Work with product design team in developing creative for paid display and Facebook marketing
- Support licensing and merchandising activity as needed
- Help prepare weekly data dashboard
- Other duties as assigned
- A junior or senior student currently enrolled in an undergraduate/graduate program
- Major with a concentration in marketing, media, communications or business preferred
- 1+ prior internship experiences a plus
- Proactive and able to think outside the box
- Great communication skills
The Summer Intern will gain hands-on marketing and product experience and develop a holistic understanding of product development and using paid, earned and owned media to build brand equity and drive ROI. The role also offers exposure across a number of categories and industries, including entertainment, education, technology and licensing.
This is a paid internship. Applicants must be available to work 3-4 days a week June through August. Position may be used for college credit.