The Senior Accountant is responsible for a wide variety of accounting functions at a corporate level related to general ledger accounting – to include preparing, entering, and reviewing various journal entries, entering, and tracking completion of journal entries for the month end close cycle, general ledger account reconciliations, financial reporting, audit preparations and management, and special projects/other duties as assigned.
The Senior Accountant operates within standard operating principles related to accounting and payroll systems and is expected to apply knowledge of law and regulations gained through experience and education and work with minimal daily supervision. The position reviews and recommends to the Senior Financial Analyst and CEO changes in systems and processes.
Essential duties and responsibilities: (this is not intended to detail all aspects of the assigned work but is representative of the job’s overall responsibilities)
- Prepare and input journal entries to general ledgers
- Review and correct month-end close tasks and financial statements
- Perform general ledger account reconciliations as assigned
- Consolidations and financial reporting
- Leads the month-end close process & meets tight schedule requirements.
- Supports the annual audit with the Company’s external auditors. Supports periodic audit efforts from government customers, taxing authorities, & other business partners.
- Assist in the creation of timely & accurate supporting schedules and analysis.
- Support preparation of various tax filings, including tax provisions, property taxes and State & local taxes.
- Review general ledger activity to ensure accurate coding.
- Initiate process & system improvements to increase accuracy & efficiency of department tasks
- Special projects as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of GAAP principles, practices, theories, and methods of accounting.
- Knowledge of legal requirements, regulations, and laws applicable to area of assignment.
- Strong Microsoft office skills with excellent proficiency in Microsoft Excel required.
- Familiarity with Quickbooks preferred.
- Ability to define problems, assemble related data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to exercise good judgment and make accurate and timely decisions.
- Ability to prioritize tasks in an environment of changing time constraints and deadlines.
- Ability to work as a team player and exhibit a high degree of flexibility, energy, and positive attitude.
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally with supervisors, peers, and other departments.
About the Company:
JibJab is a leading digital greeting card and social expression company. We are one of the oldest start-ups, with our roots dating back to 1999. We live at the intersection of art and technology and have a mission of making billions of people happy.
We live our core values, so if these resonate with you, we may be a good fit:
- Transparency: We are all on the same team and succeed by sharing what we know, both good and bad.
- Trust: We earn trust by delivering on our commitments. We assume people have the best intentions in both their actions and their decisions, and we advocate for their success by offering support.
- Joy: We deliver joy to our users and we derive joy from work. We aim to make billions of people happy.
- Intention: We know why we do something, what we hope to achieve and what we will learn from it.
- Inclusion: We build diverse teams, with a wide range of cultures, backgrounds and experiences. Diverse perspectives push our company forward and these differences lead to better, more informed decisions.
- Healthy Debate: We engage in respectful, enlightening debates and we listen to all opinions. When a decision is made, we fully commit and focus on the path forward.
- Quality: Quality is our competitive advantage. We prioritize quality over quantity. What we do, we do well.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Business from a fully accredited college or university is preferred.
- 4 or more years of hands-on accounting experience, preferably in a multi-entity corporate environment, is required.
- Public Accounting/Audit experience preferred.
- CPA License is a plus, but not required.