JibJab is looking for a Production Assistant to join our Creative team. The Production Assistant will support the Creative Producer and Product Managers to reach project deadlines and maintain smooth and efficient production processes.They will be tasked with managing data and assets as well as myriad other creative and administrative tasks.
In a given day, the Production Assistant will likely need to interact with a broad assortment of teams from across the organization. This means they must be comfortable relaying, interpreting, and understanding the needs of technical, business, and creative personnel alike.
This position will require a proactive, problem-solving attitude and a firm conviction that no task is too small or too large.
Responsibilities: (this is not intended to detail all aspects of the assigned work but is representative of the job’s overall responsibilities)
- Work closely with Creative Producer to maintain an efficient content production pipeline
- Familiarity with social media platforms, trends, and content, and ability to create content and posts
- Managing and tracking content and assets through our production pipeline
- Preparing, uploading, and testing deliverables for launch
- Brainstorming new ideas for content and process improvements
- Assisting and collaborating with Business Development, Design, Animation, QA, and Marketing to gather feedback and support content creation and product development and other projects that may arise
- Prioritize schedule and processes alongside Creative Producer
- Organize and track contracts, payments, schedules for contractors and creative personnel
- Assist Product Managers and Business Development Manager as needed
- Ability to exercise good judgment and make accurate and timely decisions.
- Ability to prioritize tasks in an environment of changing time constraints and deadlines.
- Ability to work as a team player and exhibit a high degree of flexibility, energy, and positive attitude.
- Enthusiastic willingness to learn on the job and take on any task no matter how large or small
- Good at taking direction and accepting feedback
- Strong sense of organization and attention to detail
- Innovative thinker and a collaborative team player
- Excellent communication skills. An ability to communicate with, understand, and synthesize the needs and goals of everyone from technical personnel to artists to senior management
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office, Google Office Suite, project management software
- Able to use Adobe Creative Suite–especially Illustrator, Photoshop, and After Effects
- A creative problem solver that's continually coming up with new ideas on how to approach challenges within the constraints of product deadlines
About the Company:
JibJab is a leading digital greeting card and social expression company. We are one of the oldest start-ups, with our roots dating back to 1999. We live at the intersection of art and technology and have a mission of making billions of people happy.
We live our core values, so if these resonate with you, we may be a good fit:
- Transparency: We are all on the same team and succeed by sharing what we know, both good and bad.
- Trust: We earn trust by delivering on our commitments. We assume people have the best intentions in both their actions and their decisions, and we advocate for their success by offering support.
- Joy: We deliver joy to our users and we derive joy from work. We aim to make billions of people happy.
- Intention: We know why we do something, what we hope to achieve and what we will learn from it.
- Inclusion: We build diverse teams, with a wide range of cultures, backgrounds and experiences. Diverse perspectives push our company forward and these differences lead to better, more informed decisions.
- Healthy Debate: We engage in respectful, enlightening debates and we listen to all opinions. When a decision is made, we fully commit and focus on the path forward.
- Quality: Quality is our competitive advantage. We prioritize quality over quantity. What we do, we do well.
Salary and Benefits:
- Competitive salary and comprehensive benefits
- A down-to-earth, genuinely nice, and wickedly smart team of colleagues
- Flat organization that allows employees to both make strategic decisions that will impact the organization and get their hands dirty down in the details
- Casual, fun, work-hard/play-hard environment